Monday, November 28, 2011

The Bathroom

One of my most fun projects at the new house has been the bathroom. I was hoping it would get a 100% makeover, but I'm settling for an 80% makeover as we've decided to hold off on the bathtub wall re-tiling project for right now. So it will look REALLY good when it's done, but not completely perfect as we're going to wait on that for the time being. Here's a snapshot of the various pieces that will be going into this room:

1. The bathroom vanity. It has arrived and is sitting in the garage, but the drawers are TERRIBLE to open and close. The people that sold it to us told us to oil the tracks. We tried it, and it is still a huge pain. So I called to complain and told them we were returning it because we weren't happy with it, and they told me they are sending us new tracks. I'm REALLY hoping that will fix the problem because I love this piece and I'd really liked to keep it.



2. The light fixture. It's nothing fancy - just traditional and simple. But I'm starting to realize that's pretty much the look I always go for.



3. The toilet. I've talked about it before. I know it's just a toilet. It's not used for anything worth talking about on this blog. But it's just kind of cool looking. Sort of like it belongs in George Jetson's house. This isn't EXACTLY what it looks like, but it's the closest thing I could find online because I can't remember what it's really called. I bought it at Habify. Can't wait to use them for more cool things at my house!



4. The beadboard trim. I'm slightly obsessed. Saw it in a bathroom at a fun bar in Highlands, NC and took pictures with my iphone to show my handyman. How absurd is that? But I love this look with the thick trim!



5. The mirror. I can't find one that I like and it needs to be BIG. 75" wide to go over the vanity. So I think I might just make one out of wood and a sheet of mirror. That's a project I'm working on this week... I'm thinking a wide 4" wood trim with navy blue and white stripes perhaps??

6. The color. The beadboard will stay white. The top part will be a light blue, a shade darker than what is currently in their bedroom.



6. The shower curtain. I can't decide on this. Thinking I need some thoughts from you guys. Which one do you like of these? The striped one at the bottom used to come in white/blue, but I can't find it online anymore. I don't think I'll do the grey, but if I could find it in blue, do you like it? I could always just sew one myself. Although this is what I think I'm going to do as the curtains in the kids' bedroom so I may skip it in the bathroom. Don't want to be super matchy matchy! I had also toyed with the idea of a plain white shower curtain with a big navy blue block-type monogram in the middle of it. Like "wCw" for both of the boys. I think it's what I'm leaning towards right now. But please chime in and tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment